October 17th @ De Kleine Duivel
Ed Topic - Judy from Checkspot!
Judy Neff from Checkerspot brewing spoke and fielded questions about her experiences as a home and professional brewer.
Guild Updates & Upcoming Club Events
- Homebrew Extravaganza - Wednesday, 10/23 @ Checkerspot Brewing.
- $10 @ at the door. All proceeds go to BARCS.
- 10 slots left to enter the competition. Email Judy if interested.
- Turkey Shoot (MALT) @ Hysteria Brewing
- Mead Day (Wootown)
- Saturday November 2 at Snyder’s Apiaries, 4747 Norrisville Rd, White Hall Md.
- ChiliBrew XIII!
- About 30 competitors and 200 attendees made this event a blast. Updates on the financials to come.
- Zymurnauts Crabfeast
- Great event, highly encourage folks to attend next year. A lot of commercial beer this year and the crabs were great.
New Business/Member Announcements
- Guild Holiday Party - Saturday December 7 @ Heavy Seas Brewery. Watch for an email thread to coordinate. We need to decide soon if we’re going to request a table.
- 2019 Cider Buy - Watch for an email to gauge interest. We have a contact at Weber’s but we’ll need a decent amount of interest to coordinate a pick up.
- Club Shirts - Max has been tasked with bringing cost information on the “work-shirt” style to a future meeting
- Craft Beer Events
- 2020 Baltimore Officer Nomination are Open
- ChiliBrew Czar
- Ed Czar
- Guild Rep
- Meeting Czar
- Social Secretary
- Greg was nominated to return as Treasurer
- ChiliBrew's Future - Ian floated the idea of spinning off ChiliBrew to operate under an established philanthropic organization. Both the eBoard and general membership were interested in hearing more so Ian will coordinate the information and bring it back to the club for discussion.
- Coor's Light & St. Jude - Evan annouced two upcoming events through Coors in support of St. Jude. A percentage of Coors lights sales will be donated and they will be accepting donations.
- Tuesday, 10/22 6-8 PM @ Gypsy Queen. Happy Hour and Raffle
- Friday, 10/25 5-7PM @ Penn & Quill. $20 gets you a carving pumpkin and a Coors.
Introductions - Old Members/New Faces
IRON BREWER – Kevin is the Current Iron Brewer, Iron Brewer Milk Stout is on for the November Meeting!