February 29, 2020 by lpbrewer
February 20, 2020 @ Union Craft
Introductions - Old Members/New Faces
- General Meeting Update - Jon
- Jon sent a letter looking for a more formal approval from the state regulators regarding our homebrew meetings. More to come.
- Club Shirts - Max
- Max showed off two possible designs for t-shirt assets. Club offered some feedback.
New Business/Member Announcements
- Upcoming BaltiBrew Events
- March - Group Brew @ Kevin’s - Saturday the 28th @ 10AM
Brew day is still up in the air, but Kevin is excited to have folks to his new brew space.
- April - Brubakes III @ TBD - Sunday the 19th
Still in need of a spot. Jon is approaching Union and we discussed a backup plan or two. We will need brewing commitments soon!
- May - Big Brew @ TBD Saturday the 2nd
Jon could potentially host. We also discussed options to potentially team up with a local brewery like we did a few years ago.
- 2020 MALT Bus Trip to Pennsylvania - March 21st
Bus is about half filled up. MALT is offering a discounted ticket for members of other homebrew clubs. Sign up soon if you want to reserve your spot. https://maltbus.brownpapertickets.com/
- Homebrewcon 2020 in Nashville - June 18-20th
- Brew University - MD Ag Resource Council - February through March
- Fermentation 101 - Becky gave an awesome presentation about the science behind fermentation!
- March/April will be Seibel’s Barrel Aged Sensory Panels!General Member Project - Potluck Beer Styles!
- Later this year the club is going to coordinate a special homebrew share. Members will participate by choosing a style and brewing one to serve alongside a commercial example! Go ahead and start to think about what style you might contribute!
IRON BREWER – March is Iron Brewer Rye IPA! Bring your entry!