11/4/10 Meeting Minutes
We had a great meeting a couple weeks ago and if you couldn't make it, check out what we talked about:
- November Brew - It was decided our november brew, which would be our competition brew for the holiday guild party, will be a spiced doppelweizen since our club theme is Griswold Christmas and wanted to go for a egg-nog ish beer.
- Guild Christmas Party - December 4th (tickets about sold out) at the Heavy Seas Brewery. The overall theme is German and our club theme is Griswold Family Christmas. We have to make some appetizers (jello mold/turkey jerky, etc.) to go along with our theme and help set up decorations as well. Some possible volunteers were: Greg, John, Ian, and Matt. Also of note to significant others is that there is more than beer available at the party.
- December Meeting - December 9th @ muggsy's. The idea is for this to be more of a holiday celebration where we can bring some friends/wives/gf's/bf's and have some drinks, listen to some christmas tunes, etc. Open to ideas.
- BJCP Classes - The BJCP classes are about to start in February and we get 2 spots for our club. People that were interested in doing this were: John, Shawn, and Josh.
- January Brew - We will be holding a poll to decide our January brew style, suggested so far are: Imperial Stout, Eisbock, Double IPA, Nut Brown Ale. Please add in the comments any more additions.
- Chilibrew II Wrap-up - Ian informed us that ChiliBrew II was a huge success with about 200 people showing up to help the causes and enjoy homebrew and great homemade chili. We helped raise $1,400 for Velocipede and Baltimore Free School. Thanks to everyone who helped, and a HUGE thanks to Ian for putting it together and offering up ass his beer when everyone else ran out. We are looking at April or May for possible dates for ChiliBrew III so stay tuned.