Howdy Brewing pals This thursday is our July 2014 regular meeting. We hope you can make it. 8PM at Nepenthe, per usual. Please bring a chair and brew to share.
- Mashout - aka – the most kegs of homebrew i’ve seen in MD in one weekend
- Next brew - July was busy, lets brew in august or september…discuss.
- Chilibrew - subcommittee will touch on progress…short version
- Educational Segment - someone last meeting (can’t remember) mentioned a tasting (please email email@example.com)
Hope to see you there…
This is our first attempt to use the voting system under the members only functionality resultant of your paid dues. Please report any issues you have to baltibrew at gmail.com — thanks.
Per last night’s meeting, we’ll be voting whether to use a portion of club funds to aid in our support of Sour Hour at this year’s MashOut event. The proposed level of MashOut Funding is $100 to be used to purchase breads, cheeses, and charcuterie to accompany sour ales during Baltibrew member, Jason Heinen’s presentation at the opening of the event.
As stated during the meeting, this is an opportunity to showcase Baltibrew’s commitment to experimentation, and quality beer making on a wider stage as clubs from surrounding states attend the event.
Please vote one time only.
Baltibrew’s June meeting takes place tonight (6/19/2014) at Nepenthe Homebrew. We want to extend a giant thank you and welcome back to our gracious hosts. It’s been a long month and a half without our clubhouse, much less a place to pick up supplies. So what’s everyone’s first brew going to be?
- Big thanks, and congratulations to Nepenthe on their reopening (and a big pat on our own backs for canceling our Big Brew plans, and helping them clean out the store).
- Guild Picnic wrap up.
- Mashout — and more specifically, Baltibrew’s involvement in Sour Hour (Jason and Detter to lead discussion).
- July Brew with Killer Ales (Subcommittee to discuss details)
- Waverly Main Street partnership opportunity (8/30 event)
- Baltimore Beer Week 2014
- Chilibrew 8
- Gruit Comp
- Any other events?
- Ed Topic: Yeast Starters (Gibbs)
- Floor to club members for open discussion/new business
- Sharing of the homebrew!
If you’d like to see anything added to the agenda, comment on this post or email baltibrew at gmail.com.
Big news this go-round:
As many of you know, Nepenthe was operationally destroyed by floods on the Jones Falls the first week in May. Graciously, Baltibrew, Lady Brew, and Brewtherville Labs put aside their Big Brew plans to aid in cleaning up the store, which remains closed, and in a state of repair.
As such, we’ll be meeting at Blue Pit BBQ (1601 Union Ave.) at 8 p.m. this Thursday (5/15) instead of our usual spot. Blue Pit is across the street from Artifact Coffee, and a stone’s throw from Nepenthe.
One key thing to note about this meeting — NO HOMEBREW this go-round, please. Let’s support Blue Pit for supporting us, and for supporting Nepenthe. We’ll get back to sharing our own once we’re back at our normal location.
On the agenda:
- Proposal to roll our Big Brew brewers into a July brew with Killer Ales (creation of subcommittee to support July brew)
- Details on various fundraising events to aid Nepenthe’s recovery
- Guild notes from Steve Hulbert
- Guild Summer Picnic, and wheat beer competition details (We’ve won this a couple years in a row, it’d be nice to continue doing so)
- Ed Topic: Open Q&A session led by Greg Apker and Jonathan Gibbs
- Eating Blue Pit’s excellent Reuben sandwich
Hey guys/gals -
Just a reminder that our monthly meeting is going down THIS Thursday
at Nepenthe Homebrew
at 8PM. Bring homebrew and a chair, thsi should be mainly focused on tasting since we don’t have a ton to talk about business wise.
- BIG BREW – May 3rd
- Guild Updates
- Discussion on July brew with Killer Ales Homebrew Club
- Next Baltibrew Social
- Educational Topic: Side by side tasting of Scottish Wee Heavys and the Triangle Tasting method of Discrimination testing
- Last but not least: homebrew sampling
see you there fellow home brewers.
We are rescheduling our march meeting to take place NEXT Thursday March 27th at 8pm. This is to allow some of our members as well as our lovely hosts Nepenthe to attend a screening of the Brewmore Baltimore documentary. We hope this doesn’t screw up your plans and you can still attend.
If so, here’s the agenda (and remember to bring a chair and homebrew to share):
- Mash Bash is coming!
- May Brew Details
- NHC - anyone going?
- Print collateral — proposition to produce an agreed upon amount of business cards for the club, and a display holder for the Nepenthe desk.
- Ed Topic – TBD – but it’ll be cool.
- DRINK AND BE MERRY.